Warren,
You just turned 2 last week. It was a little bit of an emotional day for mommy, I couldn’t believe my baby was already 2 years old! Also, your birthday was the first one in the family that Auntie Erika, Uncle Scott, and Persson wouldn’t be a part of. Other than those two things though, your birthday was perfect J. We spent the whole day at Obear Park in Beverly and you had a blast! I think your favorite part of the day was eating your “Cars” cake and playing with the little plastic Lightening McQueen and Mater figures that came on top! We weren’t quite sure if you knew it was your Birthday, but you definitely knew something special was going on, especially since Trevor kept hugging you and saying “Happy Birthday Buddy!” All in all, it was a very good day!
A few days after your actual birthday was your 2 year check up with Dr. Maddox. Even though you still felt, very much, like a baby to mommy, the Dr took all your measurements and told me that, “he’s the average height of a 3 year old and the average weight of a 5 or 6 year old!” You were 36 ½ inches and 38 lbs (right off the charts)! My little boy wasn’t so little. But then again, you’ve been quite the big boy for a while now! People are always commenting on how I’ve got a line backer on my hands! All I see is a big teddy bear. As big as you are, you’re not a big fan of food and haven’t been for the past few months. I think your love of milk is what has been keeping you so solid. I’m sure it’s just a phase, but the phasing out of the milk, is the challenge. It’s ALL you want!
People also will literally stop Daddy and me to tell us how beautiful you are. With your golden brown hair, your sun kissed skin, and those dark long lashes….how can people not comment?! Your personality is really starting to turn into one of its own now that you’re able to talk more. It was just six months ago, at your last well visit, that I thought I needed to sign you up with early intervention. You were saying about 6 words. Then, out of nowhere, Warren spoke! You know almost all the names of the characters from the movie “Cars”. Right now, Mater is your favorite. For some reason you call him “nee nee.” But we all know what you mean. One day I decided to write down all the words I knew you could say and I got up to about 75! You surprise us all with more every day when you add to that list.
Right now you are starting to get into just a little trouble! You love sneaking into the bathroom and pulling up the chair we have in there, right up to the sink. Sometimes, we think you’re playing in the other room and then we hear the water running. One of us will open the bathroom door and low and behold, there you are. You turn your face so proudly towards us, smiling ear to ear with your hands under the water (on full blast I might add) and say loudly, “Hands!” You’re little way of saying you needed to wash your hands J There’s also been a couple of times that you’ve taken the eggs out of the refrigerator and cracked them in a pile that you happen to be sitting in. You have a major interest in cracking eggs! You’ve started to enjoy throwing things, and for a while you were biting and you’ve even done some (not much) hitting here and there. I don’t care what anyone has to say though; most of it is done in pure innocence. You never do these things to be fresh or to be mean or defiant. I don’t have to say no to you that often, and when I do, you usually listen. You’re always smiling and whoever may witness it (even strangers) can attest that it is truly contagious. My honest prediction is that I won’t have to deal with the “Terrible Two’s” with you.

Daddy and I are so happy that you’re the cuddly type. I’m hoping you stay like that forever! You enjoy sitting with us on the couch watching TV or reading books. You and Trevor have your snuggly moments as well, but you also have a lot of wrestling going on. For a long time, Daddy and I kept watching Trevor pick on you and we knew that one day you would be fighting back! I know this is only the beginning, but you certainly are learning to hold your own! When it comes down to it, your brother is your best friend in the world. You copy everything he does and follow him around like you’re his shadow. You’re definitely his biggest fan. Daddy and Mommy will sometimes look at each other with tears in our eyes at how proud we are of you two together, being brothers and showing love towards one another at such a young age. It’s such an amazing blessing for us to be a part of and we’re both so very thankful.

Even though you enjoy being around Trevor and even your other buddies (mainly Cecelia, Alivia, Cora and Grace) you very much like your alone time too. We’ll be at the beach or the mall or hanging out at someone’s house and you’ll of a sudden grab your sippy cup, the toy you had been playing with, and head towards the “exit” and say, “car mommy?” Sometimes you want to just leave the crowd! When Trevor goes to pre-school I don’t need to entertain you at all. You’re completely content with playing alone and talking to yourself and the toys. If anything, you’re the one entertaining me! You’re excitement when you reunite with Trevor on those days though, is priceless! A little alone time was all you needed and you’re ready for the wrestling and big brother time once again. Well, a mother could go on and on about such a wonderful little boy. And that’s exactly what you’re becoming: a little boy. I’ve got to deal with the fact that you’re not a baby anymore, but I can rest easy knowing that you’re my baby. I love you big boy!
Mommy


No comments:
Post a Comment