Wow I can't believe how long it's been, I've got major catching up to do!!! The past few months have been so busy!!! I guess I'll work my way back and fill my little blog in on my little (but important:)) life!

Today was Warren's 9 month well visit, he is officially 9 months old tomorrow! He is a healthy baby, weighing in at 26lbs 6oz
and is 30 inches long. He got his first two teeth in a few weeks ago and today he just started clapping on his own when I was singing to him! He also started crawling about 2 weeks ago but I think in the past week has been the real mastering point. Warren loves his big brother, but Trevor doesn't seem to know when to stop bothering him. When I say bother I mean, hit, tug, push, take his toys, jump in his crib, throw things at him, and say "no Warren!" Trevor also loves his little brother, and can make him laugh at any given moment. On the other hand, Trevor is getting to the age where he can realize that he is not the only kid in the picture anymore! It's all good, Warren is really catching up in size and I'm sure Trevor will be in for a rude awakening in just a few short months!!!
To elaborate on Trevor a bit, he just turned 2 and 4 months. Sometimes it makes me sad when I think how fast this precious time is going by. It seems like yesterday that Trevor w
as a baby, but at the same time I find myself having trouble remembering those days. I hate that about myself! Trevor is talking more and more everyday. Some of the things he says, I have to translate to others, but he is perfecting his little language all the time. Recently we took him to our towns Firestation and he nearly flipped out!!! Fire engines and "woo woo's" (aka, trains) are his favorite things right now. Oh and big trucks as well. Anytime we drive over railroad tracks, only to find that there is no train at the time, he says, "woo woo napping mamma?" And when we drive by the trucks doing construction near our house he shouts, "Trucks awake mamma, trucks awake!" Sometimes he talks so much that I have to just tell him to be quiet for a little while! It can be quite exhausting!
A couple of weeks ago my bff, Karyn had a baby girl!!! Grace Elizabeth. My LORD she is amazing! She is absolutley adorable. Karyn and Mark are going to be amazing parents and they are already doing such a great job. I'm so excited and honored to be a best friend auntie! Little Gracey is very long and thin, so today I nicknamed her G-string lol!! Grace has so many people in her life already that love her, it's just awesome. She has had non stop visitors since her birth and people are just dying to hold her and meet her. This summer will be so fun having the Ruggiero girls around!
My nephew Persson is officially 4 months old tomorrow! And man has that boy grown!!! He is so cute. His hair started falling out and lightening up so it looks like he got a haircut. My wor
d, it's adorable! Somedays Erika and my mom (who watches him daily now) say he looks bigger when he wakes up from his nap! Haha, it's crazy. Scott and Erika are also doing a great job, they are so in love with their new little man. Which by the way, pronunciation tip....Pear-son. Erika and I also tend to smile when it comes out like....Peahhhhhh suun. Has that little Bostonion flare to it!
So thats that on the new babies! I feel like have tons of friends having babies right now, and my cousins Jon and Laura are having a baby girl within the next few weeks too. Its so nice!!! All little blessings :)
Although there are so many great things going on, there are a few things right now in our lives that could be better. Please keep the following in your prayers. A couple of months
ago I receivedone of the worst phone calls I've ever had. One of my oldest, dearest friends called me to tell me that her 3 year old son was diagnosed with Leukemia. I can't imagine how her day had gone that day, but since then I have to say she's probably one of the strongest women I know. She also has a younger son, and stays home with them just like I do. We've known eachother for a very long time, since elementary school. We've always shared similar lives and found ourselves always talking on the phone and totally relating to one another about everything! Well this is the first time I can't relate. I feel awful what this poor family is going through. But let me just say this boy is a fighter! He is sooo loved and has more people praying for him than imaginable. I am fully confident that he will be healed, but I know this road over the next few years of treatment is going to be a long and hard one. It's a very humbling situation for me. Every second is so precious, you've gotta treat them all with care!!
Cancer has also effected another person in our lives: Steve's grandfather, aka Gramps, who lives downstairs with us. We're hoping that treatment will get rid of it but we're still not so sure about that. We will find out soon after some test results. Prayers please!!!
Now on a better note since I'm getting way too sad! A little catching up on myself... Well in the past month and a half or so I've lost 11lbs! I've been working really hard to get back to my old self. I first did a juice detox and I now
follow weight watchers. I've also been making it a point to exercise doing pilates or some Verizon On Demand exercises on tv lol! And to walk, walk, walk!!! I don't have time to join a gym so I've taken advantage of what I have at my own fingertips. I have to say too, I love it! I used to never be one for staying with a routine and working out, but I truly do enjoy it and I feel healthier. Steve and I are doing great. It can be challenging to get "us" time but we do our best! We always watch American Idol and Lost together (I'm a little more into it than he his :>) We are really appreciating the fact that our kids go to sleep between 7:30 and 8. Babysitters can be tough to come by so when we get to go out and do something together, it feels pretty special!
follow weight watchers. I've also been making it a point to exercise doing pilates or some Verizon On Demand exercises on tv lol! And to walk, walk, walk!!! I don't have time to join a gym so I've taken advantage of what I have at my own fingertips. I have to say too, I love it! I used to never be one for staying with a routine and working out, but I truly do enjoy it and I feel healthier. Steve and I are doing great. It can be challenging to get "us" time but we do our best! We always watch American Idol and Lost together (I'm a little more into it than he his :>) We are really appreciating the fact that our kids go to sleep between 7:30 and 8. Babysitters can be tough to come by so when we get to go out and do something together, it feels pretty special!I could probably sit here and type so much more but instead I'll end it here and try to keep up more on posting! If you're reading please feel free to leave a comment! I'm a dork but it's fun getting comments!...it's the little things haha!
1 comment:
Congrats on your weight loss! You look amazing! The boys are so darned cute and I just love hearing how things are going!
Post a Comment